I'm trying to get the kids to eat more oatmeal and not call it "bowl of mush." This is the latest incarnation of oatmeal at our house. The dates dissolve in the oatmeal and makes it sweet enough without the addition of sweetener.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Leave the skin on the apple, core and finely chop.
- 2Quarter length-wise and then finely mince date.
- 3Put all ingredients, except milk, into pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmering. Stir as needed to keep from sticking to bottom of pot. About 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add milk (if using), stir and serve.
- 4If using rice cooker, put all ingredients, except milk into cooker. Turn on and leave it to do it's magic. Add milk, if using, stir and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steel Cut Oatmeal With Apple and Dates
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 298.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g