Recipe by Che~Sara`
Found this on iVillage.com and tried it this morning. Comfort food at its finest... mmmm... (use any kind of oatmeal you prefer, it's the broiling of the brown sugar that makes this recipe!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Woo Hoo, I'm lucky enough to be the first to rate this awesome recipe. Love the taste and texture of steel-Cut Oats and this makes it even better. I did add add 1 teaspoon of sugar, cinnamin and vanilla to the oats after cooking them, before adding the topping just for some extra flavor, left off the raspberries as mine were frozen solid. But the crunch crust set this off as an over the top wonderful way to have a healthy start to the day and so easy. Just watch the stuff close under the broiler as it goes really fast, no more than a minute in mine. Will be using this often, thanks so much for posting
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow the oatmeal box instructions to serve 4.
- Cook oatmeal and when finished transfer to 4 oven proof bowls.
- Combine the brown sugar and pecans.
- Divide the brown sugar mixture among the bowls and sprinkle over the entire surface of oatmeal.
- Heat oven broiler to high and set 5-6 inches from heat source.
- Place bowls on baking sheet and broil in the oven for 1-3 minutes or until dark brown and bubbly.
- Remove and sprinkle with raspberries.
- Serve with milk if desired.