Galley Wench's Note:
Easy to make and so good . . . and good for you! You can adjust the calories by reducing the brown sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To small sauce pan melt the butter and add the oats.
- 2Stir for 2 minutes to toast.
- 3Carefully add the boiling water and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Stir in apple juice and simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle cinnamon on fruit and stir into mixture together with the brown sugar, and craisins and sinmmer 5 additional minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- 7Spoon into bowls and top with nuts and addtional brown sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steel Cut Oatmeal and Fruit (For Two)
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 58.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g