Recipe by My Food Coach
Steel cut oats are the perfect breakfast for someone trying to lower his/her cholesterol. Try this recipe for a real treat in flavor and nutrition! This recipe calls for blueberries, but blackberries have even more cholesterol lowering soluble fiber.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I was short on time so I used quick cooking oats and made them in the microwave. I followed the rest of the recipe as written using fresh blueberries. I really enjoyed this but my son thought it was just OK. I did add a teaspoon of Splenda to his as he likes his sweet. I liked it both ways.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt, low-fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare steel cut oats to package directions and desired consistency.
- Place 1/4 of cooked oats in breakfast bowl.
- Top with 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Top with 1/4 cup blueberries. If using frozen blueberries, thaw them slightly in the microwave. Also consider blackberries for more soluble fiber!