Recipe by chia
Trying to eat healthier for the new year. I've bought some flax and found this recipe to use it. This is great for breakfast on the go or after a workout.
Top Review by Goodeatin
Sorry, but I didn't like this much. The only thing I had to change was using blueberries for cranberries, but besides that, I didn't really like the flavor (the oj, lack of sweetness) or the texture of the bread itself (oats were kind of crunchy). This may just be my person tastes- seems like other people thought it was great.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan and set aside.
- Soak steel cut oats and buttermilk in a small bowl for at least 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients; flours, flaxseed meal, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, eggs, orange juice, buttermilk with steel cut oats and cranberries. Stir until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Pour into the pan and bake 45-50 minutes.