Trying to eat healthier for the new year. I've bought some flax and found this recipe to use it. This is great for breakfast on the go or after a workout.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan and set aside.
- 3Soak steel cut oats and buttermilk in a small bowl for at least 5 minutes.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients; flours, flaxseed meal, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- 5In a large bowl, combine the oil, eggs, orange juice, buttermilk with steel cut oats and cranberries. Stir until combined.
- 6Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Pour into the pan and bake 45-50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steel Cut Oat Soda Bread
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 373.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: