Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Perfect drink to warm up with after a day outside skiing, skating, ice fishing, snowmobiling….. Vodka blends in nicely with this one. I have also made this with vegetable cocktail instead of tomato juice. Both are nice.
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 stalk celery & leaves
- 8 ounces vodka (optional)
- 8 lemon slices
- 8 celery ribs, with leaves
- In slow cooker, stir together tomato juice, lemon juice and brown sugar. Cut celery stalk into quarters and add to juice.
- Cover and cook on low until steaming hot, about 4 hours. Pick out and discard celery.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, horse radish and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour into mugs, add 1 oz vodka per serving and garnish with lemon slices and celery.
Even though I didn't care too much for the horseradish in this, the other ingredients put it right up there for me! Always have these ingredients in the house, so this will be made often for these chilly days and nights! Thnx for posting, GTKKF! Made for KcK's Forum.
Reminds me of the Bold and Spicy Bloody Mary Mix I use. Made for New Kids on the Block.