Recipe by queenbeatrice
A recipe from a Japanese Cookbook my daughter brought home for me. I always thought these were complicated to make until I tried this recipe. Very easy!!
- 10 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb wonton skins (24 skins)
- 2 tablespoons green peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 7 ingredients together.
- Place 2 tsp beef mixture on center of wonton skin.
- Hold wonton skin in between index and thumb and squeeze into round, leaving an opening on top. Flatten bottom; repeat until mixture is all used.
- Place a green pea on center of meat mixture.
- Coat steamer rack with thin film of oil.
- Place wontons leaving a small space in between.
- Steam about 12 to 15 minutes over high heat, until meat is cooked.