Galley Wench's Note:
Great appetizers! Special equipment needed is a steamer, preferably bambo!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green chili pepper, finely chopped, seeded and membrane removed (jalapeno)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce, plus some for dipping
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 head savoy cabbage, for lining the steamer (optional)
- 1Mix together the pork, shrimp, chili, ginger and shallots and water chestnuts.
- 2Blend the cornstarch with half the egg and stir into the pork mixture with the soy sauce and rice wine.
- 3Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Arrange the wonton wrappers on a work surface.
- 5Dip tablespoon in cold water and then drop 1 tablespoon of filling onto the center of each wrapper.
- 6Brush the wrappers with the remaining egg and pull up the edges, pinching together lightly at the top, leaving a small gap so the filling can just be seen.
- 7Prepare the steamer by adding water to the wok and bring to a boil (the water should not touch the bottom of the steamer basket).
- 8Spray the bottom of the steamer basket with non-stick oil and line with the optional.whole cabbage leaves.
- 9Stand the dumplings in the steamer in a single layer without letting them touch.
- 10Set the bamboo steamer over the pot, then cover with the bamboo lid.
- 11Steam for 10-12 minutes, or until the filling feels firm and is cooked through.
- 12(Watch the water level adding more water as needed).
- 13Serve in the steamer basket with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Wonton Bundles (Dim Sum Dumplings)
Serving Size: 1 (959 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 140.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g