Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Usually serve with hot steamed white (polished) rice.
- 1 small red snapper or 1 small butterfish, cleaned and cut diagonal lines on the sides
- 4 pieces canned shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 piece bean curd, cut into small pieces
- 3 slices ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 sprig coriander, chopped
- 2 pieces canned salted plums, meshed and with seed removed
- 2 tablespoons salted plum liquid
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Rub fish with salt.
- Arrange some of the ginger, corrianders, beancurd and mushrooms in a deep plate.
- Place fish into the plate on top of the ingredients.
- Arrange the remaining ginger, corrianders, beancurd and mushrooms on top of the fish.
- Mix meshed salted plums, salted plums liquid, salt, soy sauce, sesame oil and water together and pour over the fish.
- Steam the fish in a steamer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.