1/5 Photos of Steamed White Rice
Ted and Sarah's Note:
I'm always amazed at how many people ask me "How do you get your rice so perfect?" Martin Yan told me! Not personally, of course. That would've been much cooler, though. Anyways, no one can ever remember what I told them, so I'm posting it here.
My Private Note
- 1Put the rice in a 3 quart pot or saucepan with a tight fitting lid (don't put the lid on yet!) and pour in the water.
- 2Bring to a boil, and cook until the surface looks "cratery" (like the surface of hot lava or something).
- 3Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about ten minutes, till the water is gone.
- 4Let rice stand for a minute or two, then remove the lid, fluff the rice, and serve!
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed White Rice
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.6
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g