Recipe by QueenJellyBean
This is an awesome vegetable side dish that has wonderful flavor. The taste is always a surprise from the "regular ole veggies" kind of flavor!
Top Review by Vicki in CT
I'll rate without stars since I made two changes. One is I subbed lemon for lime and second I microwaved instead of steaming on the stove. This just didn't work for me, but perhaps it was due to the changes I made.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped serrano peppers or 1 teaspoon jalapeno chile
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower floret
- 1 cup fresh sliced carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and cook/stir about 20 seconds. Add lime peel, chile and lime juice. Mix well. Set aside.
- Place steamer basket in large saucepan. Add 1 c water; bring to a boil. Add vegetables to basket; cook 4-5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- To serve, place vegetables in serving bowl and toss gently with butter mixture.