Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious, healthful recipe that is great to go with grilled meats. Another winner from "In The Kitchen With Rosie- Oprah's Favorite Recipes."
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 trimmed string beans
- 15 baby carrots, halved
- 3 ears fresh husked corn, halved
- 2 small yellow squash, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons spike seasoning or 2 teaspoons other sodium-free seasoning
- 2 slices low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water, until it's just below the steamer insert.
- Bring to a boil and put the string beans and carrots in the steamer basket.
- Cover and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the corn, yellow squash, zucchini, and broccoli.
- Recover and cook another 2 minutes, or until veggies are as tender as you'd like.
- Place the veggies on a platter.
- Arrange the corn around the edges and sprinkle them with the Spike seasoning.
- Drizzle the dressing over the other veggies and top with the cheeses.
- Cover with foil for a few minutes before serving.
I couldn't find my cookbook after moving and was hoping this recipe would be online.... This is so delicious and so simple. Now I don't need to worry about the book anymore. Thanks for posting.
I like how all this is combined is a real nice dish
I was going to post this until I saw that it has already been posted. This is a very good way to serve fresh, steamed vegetables. I only use 2 cloves of garlic and I add 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese. After I have steamed the vegetables, I drizzle the main dressing on top and then sprinkle with the cheeses. I cover the platter to let the cheese melt and the flavors to blend. Thanks for posting. Toni in Colorado