Delicious, healthful recipe that is great to go with grilled meats. Another winner from "In The Kitchen With Rosie- Oprah's Favorite Recipes."
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 trimmed string beans
- 15 baby carrots, halved
- 3 ears fresh husked corn, halved
- 2 small yellow squash, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons spike seasoning or 2 teaspoons other sodium-free seasoning
- 2 slices low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water, until it's just below the steamer insert.
- Bring to a boil and put the string beans and carrots in the steamer basket.
- Cover and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the corn, yellow squash, zucchini, and broccoli.
- Recover and cook another 2 minutes, or until veggies are as tender as you'd like.
- Place the veggies on a platter.
- Arrange the corn around the edges and sprinkle them with the Spike seasoning.
- Drizzle the dressing over the other veggies and top with the cheeses.
- Cover with foil for a few minutes before serving.