Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The variety of vegetables makes a pretty platter.
- 1 cauliflower head, trimmed (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, tough ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 lb carrot, peeled, cooked, and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- Place whole cauliflower in a deep, large saucepan; add 1 inch boiling water.
- Cover; coook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli; arrange cooked cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, and carrots on a large platter.
- Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper to taste.
How very simple and what a good way to present vegetables. These look good, taste good, and by golly, they are good! Served with a simple grind of black pepper, didn't present them as nicely as suggested since it was just for us, but certainly would for guests. Thank you, teamate, made and enjoyed for ZWT9, Pink Panthers On The Prowl.
Makes a really nice presentation. I briefly steamed the zucchini slices just to warm them, and also added some steamed snap pea pods I needed to use. Will be making this again. Made for ZWT 9.
It's beautiful! I don't really know the measurements - I didn't use the whole head of cauli & used 2 broccoli crowns, probably only 1/2lb carrot & 2 medium zucchini which was more than plenty for the 4 of us. I love the basil on top. It is a wonderful dinner party dish! Made for Aussie Swap 4/12.