Recipe by morgainegeiser
The variety of vegetables makes a pretty platter.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
How very simple and what a good way to present vegetables. These look good, taste good, and by golly, they are good! Served with a simple grind of black pepper, didn't present them as nicely as suggested since it was just for us, but certainly would for guests. Thank you, teamate, made and enjoyed for ZWT9, Pink Panthers On The Prowl.
- 1 cauliflower head, trimmed (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, tough ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 lb carrot, peeled, cooked, and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place whole cauliflower in a deep, large saucepan; add 1 inch boiling water.
- Cover; coook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli; arrange cooked cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, and carrots on a large platter.
- Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper to taste.