1/1 Photo of Steamed Vegetable Medley
A healthy assortment of steamed veggies with superb flavor. Save the broth when done for your next soup or stew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb turnip greens, frozen
- 1 large turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup snow pea pods, fresh whole
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, Original Blend
- 1You'll need a 3 quart saucepan with a steamer insert and lid. Fill your saucepan 1/2 full with water. Add 1 tbsp of black pepper and 1 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix.
- 2Wash, peel and chop turnip (if you don't like turnips, substitute a 2nd unpeeled potato). Chop onions, carrots, and potato (don't peel the potato). Slice bell pepper into rings.
- 3Place turnips and potatoes in your steamer insert. Cover with frozen turnip greens, then add other ingredients. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of black pepper and 1 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix. Steam until turnips and potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- 4After medley is done, remove steamer insert, add 1 cup of water to broth and boil a few 1/2 ears of corn for a special treat. Your corn will soak up the vegetable flavors from the broth and won't need any salt. Remove the corn when done and freeze remaining broth as a base for your next soup or stew.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Vegetable Medley
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 124.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
snow pea pods