Recipe by Bec
From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
Top Review by Rob's brewery
my mother has made this for years.but check this out to make this 5 stars add a pound of bacon that been cooked up after the vege are steamed then put it in the pan that the bacon was cooked in leave the greese and cook for 3 to 4 min. beleave me it a must try!!!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cauliflower, carrots and onion in steamer basket.
- Cover and steam over boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Add mushroom and steam 5 minutes more or until vegetables are just tender.
- Meanwhile, melt margarine.
- Add lemon juice, basil and marjoram.
- To serve, place vegetables in serving bowl.
- Pour lemon mixture over vegetables and toss to coat.