From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- Place the cauliflower, carrots and onion in steamer basket.
- Cover and steam over boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Add mushroom and steam 5 minutes more or until vegetables are just tender.
- Meanwhile, melt margarine.
- Add lemon juice, basil and marjoram.
- To serve, place vegetables in serving bowl.
- Pour lemon mixture over vegetables and toss to coat.
my mother has made this for years.but check this out to make this 5 stars add a pound of bacon that been cooked up after the vege are steamed then put it in the pan that the bacon was cooked in leave the greese and cook for 3 to 4 min. beleave me it a must try!!!
This is really good!! I love the spice combo and lemon!!! I used broccoli, green beans, cauliflower and mushrooms. Thanks for posting