1/1 Photo of Steamed Turnips
A Republican Hippie's Note:
Simple and delicious way to prepare turnips.
My Private Note
- 1Peel and chop turnips into 1/2" dice, (uniform pieces cook more evenly).
- 2Place into steamer with at least 1" water underneath.
- 3Put lid on steamer and steam for 20 minutes (or more) once water comes to a boil. Turnips are done when they pierce easily with a knife.
- 4Drain water and remove steamer from pan, keeping turnips in hot pan. You may need to heat the pan to remove any residual water from turnips.
- 5Add butter and salt to taste and mash coarsely. The more butter, the better --
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Turnips
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 155.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.0 g