My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease the bowl, and foil.
- 2Get your steamer prepared and start it heating.
- 3Put 3 Tbsp golden syrup in bottom of bowl.
- 4In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder into it.
- 5Add butter, eggs, sugar and black treacle. Beat for 2 minutes with a hand mixer.
- 6Spoon mixture into greased bowl and level with the back of your spoon.
- 7To serve loosen pudding with a knife and invert onto a warm plate. Pour Extra 3 Tbsp golden syrup over top and serve with custard or creme' fraiche.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Treacle Sponge Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.1
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 252.1 mg
- Sodium 1128.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 51.3 g
- Protein 10.5 g