Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Grease the bowl, and foil.
- Get your steamer prepared and start it heating.
- Put 3 Tbsp golden syrup in bottom of bowl.
- In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder into it.
- Add butter, eggs, sugar and black treacle. Beat for 2 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Spoon mixture into greased bowl and level with the back of your spoon.
- To serve loosen pudding with a knife and invert onto a warm plate. Pour Extra 3 Tbsp golden syrup over top and serve with custard or creme' fraiche.
Very good recipe, pleased my husband no end! I added a handful of golden raisins. Regarding the unknown cooking time; I steamed this pudding for about 1hr. 50mins, and it was fine. Obviously a pressure cooker would do the job in a much shorter time. Will try that next time. I used my large pasta pot with the colander insert, made lifting the pudding out easier. Will definitely make this again, with or without the black treacle, this pudding is delicious!