Recipe by Rita Wu
A healthy Cantonese dish suitable for both young and old. It is easy to digest. Both tofu and pork are rich in protein that they are very nutritious. You can cook other Chinese dishes and serve with rice. Try it!
- 1 piece tofu, crushed (about 8cmx8cmx8cm)
- 1⁄2 lb pork, minced
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 stalks spring onions, diced (optional)
Seasonings for the pork
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the pork with the seasonings for 30 minutes or more.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and place them flat on a plate.
- Steam the mixture until they are cooked.
- It is a good idea to steam it over rice cooker, using a suitable rack to hold in position, when you are cooking the rice.
- Serve hot.
- If you want it more salty, add some soy sauce on top to suit your taste.