Recipe by veggiechick
This is some whacky concoction I came up with for my sanshoku. I was coloring things so I made this green. I really don't recommend it as a dish to set on the table, unless it's mixed with something else. You'll need to cut a piece of wax paper slightly smaller than the saucepan you'll be using.
- 1 (8 ounce) bagfettuccini shaped tofu shirataki noodles
- 1⁄2 cup napa cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup leek
- 1 scallion
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini
- 3 asparagus
- 1 cup dashi
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sake
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mirin
- 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse noodles. Place a saucepan of water on high heat, add noodles and food coloring. Bring to a boil (stirring constantly), and drain.
- Chop veggies into small enough pieces for your food processor, or whatever you use to dice things up. It should be a nice green when you remove it from your chopper.
- Add veggies, and dashi to tofu, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add sugar, soy and sake. Stir gently. Place wax paper in pan and cover with the pan's lid. Let simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove wax paper, and add mirin. Taste and adjust sauce if needed.