Over the years, I have discovered that the best way to enjoy river fishes is to have it steamed. It is easy and not fussy in preparation and it will be ready in 25 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the fish on the inside as well as outside. De-scaleS the fish.
- 2Make 3 long diagonal cuts on its body.
- 3Sprinkle salt evenly throughout on both its sides. Don't miss the top of its head and the cuts.
- 4Insert ginger slices into the cuts and inside its guts.
- 5Sprinkle some garlic and the spring onions onto aluminium foil then place fish over the garlic and into a steamer.
- 6Pour in cooking wine and the rest of the ingredients for sauce on and around the fish.
- 7Make sure water is already boiling. If so, steam for 20 minutes. Otherwise, 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Tilapia Fish
Serving Size: 1 (831 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 3573.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: