Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These barbecued mussels are a great way to start a meal. Easy, fast and tasty.
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 29.58 ml fish sauce or 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml hot pepper flakes
- 907.18 g mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- Whisk together all but the mussels.
- Arrange mussels on a barbecue, close lid and cook 5 minutes or until mussels open. Transfer to a platter.
- Drizzle with the sauce.
Fantastic recipe...... We do them every summer.. friends even volunteer to clean mussels so they can get them..
YUM! YUM! YUM! these mussels were sooo delicious! the sauce is perfect with them; I used fish sauce and used splenda instead of the sugar, about half of the amount called for; the BBQ is not working so I did them in the oven at 450f degrees for about 6 minutes. Served them with a seeded bagette, sliced and toasted for dipping into the wonderful zippy sauce as an appetizer before lunch for a friend. i will definately be making them again, thanks for posting Tebo!!!
These are absolutely WONDERFUL!!! The dipping sauce is out of this world and you cannot stop eating them till they are gone. I HIGHLY reccomend this recipe and I have coupled it with Crab Cakes With Spicy Thai Sauce, Crab cakes with spicy Thai sauce and made a meal out of it with an asian salad. I've made this numerous tiems and it so easy and delicous THANS!!!