Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Aust Weight Watchers 5 1/2 points (6 chicken balls per serve)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 0.99 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 hot red chili peppers, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place a steamer or colander coated with cooking spray over a pan of boiling water and cover with the lid or firmly sealed with foil.
- In a large bowl, combing the egg, chicken mince, breadcrumbs, ginger, lemongrass and coriander.
- Mix well using your hands.
- Form spoonfuls of the mixture into 24 balls.
- Place in the steamer, cover and cook for 10 mins or until cooked though.
- While chicken balls are cooking, combine the fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, chili and sugar.
- Place in small bowls for dipping.
- Remove the balls from the steamer and serve accompanied by the dipping sauce.
Great blend of flavours and so quick to prepare! I used fresh lemongrass which was really worthwhile and cooked in a bamboo steamer which is great for these sort of dishes to prevent sticking. I used a hot chili for the dipping sauce which I loved, but for a family meal you could always make a second milder tomato based dipping sauce as well.