1/8 Photos of Steamed Syrup Pudding
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Cake style pudding, serve with syrup and rich creamy hot custard. Good old fashioned comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Grease a 4 cup pudding basin.
- 3Sift flour.
- 4Beat butter and sugar well until creamy in texture.
- 5Add eggs one at a time beating well between each one.
- 6Fold in 1/4 of the flour, 1/4 of the milk and continue till all flour and milk is used. Mixture should be at a dropping consistency.
- 7Put mixture into greased pudding bowl. Cut and grease a circle of baking paper that will cover pudding bowl, put grease side down put lid on or cover with 2 layers of aluminum foil and tie around the bowl.
- 8Put pudding bowl into a saucepan of boiling water (make sure water comes 1/2 way up the pudding bowl) and gently simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Check occasionally to make sure water does not go too low.
- 9When cooked test with a skewer (should come out clean). Turn onto plate and cut to serve.
- 10Pour a little of the syrup on slice, then hot custard if having.
- 12Combine golden syrup and honey in a microwave container and heat in microwave to combine OR.
- 13Combine golden syrup and honey in a heat proof container and sit container in a small pot of simmering water stirring to combine and melt to a runny consistency.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Syrup Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 124.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g