1/1 Photo of Steamed Sweet Potato, Broccoli, and Bean Salad
I wanted to bring sweet potatoes to work for lunch, but didn't want plain old potatoes cooked in the microwave. So I threw this together. Would be good hot or cold. The recipe should make a hearty lunch for two (or three?) -- or serve as a side dish. I used chickpeas but black or pinto beans would probably be just as good.
My Private Note
lunch p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sweet potato chunks on the stove in a steamer basket. Steam until tender but not overcooked, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 2Place broccoli and beans in steamer basket and steam until broccoli is tender but not overcooked, about 4 minutes.
- 3Combine potatoes, broccoli and beans in large bowl and stir gently to mix.
- 4Combine remaining ingredients and stir until blended. Add to bowl and toss until vegetables are evenly coated.
- 5Serve immediately if serving warm. Or chill and serve cold.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Sweet Potato, Broccoli, and Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 823.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.7 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 16.5 g