Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Cooking Light. Made with fresh sugar snap peas. If using frozen peas, omit the water when microwaving! NOTE: To maintain maximum flavor, Wasabi powder should be stored in the freezer!
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1 lb sugar snap pea (fresh, strings removed. Frozen sugar snap peas can be substituted.)
- 1 -2 tablespoon water (Omit if using frozen sugar snap peas.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Stir together softened butter and wasabi powder until well combined.
- Microwave sugar snap peas with water, covered, at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes, until crisp-tender. (If using frozen sugar snap peas, microwave without any water).
- Toss with wasabi butter.
- Sprinkle with salt.
These are addictive. Something about the contrast between the sweet green snaps, the bite from the wasabi, and the salt. Really good.
I loved these! I will even add a bit more wasabi powder next time. My son said he didn't even taste the wasabi! So quick and easy to make, I'm sure I'll make these often. Thanks for sharing.....made for FYC game on Yuku.