Recipe by Kizzikate
Summer squash is a Southern tradition- but we always steam ours, instead of cooking in oil. Use small, tender squash, and enjoy!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Perfect in every way! Love the sweet onion, and the whole package was just delightful! I added some fresh basil (chopped) and some beautiful curly parsley (it jumped in all on it's own!) and this made a beautiful, wonderfully balanced squash dish!
- 1 lb yellow squash, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper (such as Lawry's)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sliced squash & chopped onion in a wire steamer basket, place over gently boiling water. Cover, & let steam.
- 10-12 minutes, until squash is fork-tender. Remove squash and onion to a large serving dish.
- Immediately stir in margarine, pepper, and sugar. Serve hot.