Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Summer squash is a Southern tradition- but we always steam ours, instead of cooking in oil. Use small, tender squash, and enjoy!
- 1 lb yellow squash, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper (such as Lawry's)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine sliced squash & chopped onion in a wire steamer basket, place over gently boiling water. Cover, & let steam.
- 10-12 minutes, until squash is fork-tender. Remove squash and onion to a large serving dish.
- Immediately stir in margarine, pepper, and sugar. Serve hot.
Perfect in every way! Love the sweet onion, and the whole package was just delightful! I added some fresh basil (chopped) and some beautiful curly parsley (it jumped in all on it's own!) and this made a beautiful, wonderfully balanced squash dish!
Very good! I'm from the south, so I'm used to eating yellow squash in every form imaginable! This had a little more sugar than I am used to, but it is delicious. Thanks for sharing!
Very good and easy to make! A delicious way to fix squash, one of my favorite vegetables. I will use this recipe often! Thanks for sharing. Made for Gimme 5 tag.