Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Similar to dumplings served for Dim Sum.
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 8 ounces tempeh (cut into two by 1/4 inch strips)
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 4 scallions (cut into 3 in. pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup Chinese cabbage (shredded)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper (roasted 1/2 cut into strips)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 8 egg roll wraps
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add tempeh and cook, turning, until golden brown on all sides; drain and set aside.
- Combine green onions, cabbage, and bell pepper with lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Place one egg roll wrapper on work surface.
- Arrange 1/8 of the vegetables, about 3 tablespoon, and a strip of tempeh close to the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold over the corner near you, then the two sides corners.
- Gently roll toward the far corner.
- Moisten the edges with water, to seal the roll.
- Arrange rolls in a steamer, and steam over boiling water for ten minutes.
- Transfer rolls to serving platter.
Thankyou, This was really good. Even my husband loved it. patti