Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
What a great way to fix spinach! Steamed with herbs and dressed with your favorite vinegar! Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens magazine.
- 2 (10 ounce) bagsprewashed fresh spinach (or 3 6-ounce)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or basil, or cilantro, or watercress)
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar (or your favorite)
- lemon wedge (optional)
- In a large pan insert steamer and pour in 1" water; bring to boiling.
- Combine spinach and herbs in the steamer basket. Cover, turn down the heat to medium low, and steam for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted, stirring once. Remove basket carefully; drain. Move spinach to a serving bowl. Drizzle with some of the vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pass the remaining vinegar. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
- Makes 4 servings.
This recipe is so easy to prepare and can be easily varied depending on the vinegar used. I used a light Balsamic vinegar along with fresh basil. Made a great side dish with fish and Lemon Rice Lemon Rice.
very good but I used balsamic, and although I'm a HUGE fan of balsamic, it didn't taste right with the spinach and parsely.
Who would have thought that sherry wine vinegar would be so agreeable with steamed spinach? I made as written using parsley and a really nice sherry wine vinegar. Thanks so much for the Very healthy and easy side.