Recipe by Lene
Japan is the inspiration behind this very simple, tasty salad. It's a lovely accompaniment for fried or oily dishes as it's so clean and fresh tasting.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the spinach well, then cram into a large pan, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until evenly wilted.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the pickled ginger.
- Drain the spinach well and, while warm, stir through the pickled ginger and soy sauce.
- Allow to cool completely, then chill for at least an hour or so.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan until golden brown then remove from the heat.
- To serve, heap the spinach into towers and scatter over the toasted sesame seeds.