Recipe by Galley Wench
Posted of ZWT II. This recipe comes from Thai Cooking Class . . . I've not tried, but it looks like an interesting method of cooking... and it doesn't require the purchase of an additional kitchen gadget! DH will not eat chicken, so hope someone will try and let me know how well it works.
- 2 cups lean chicken, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste (available at asian markets)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded (1 tablespoon zest of lime can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups sliced Chinese cabbage (or any combination) or 2 cups spinach (or any combination) or 2 cups leeks (or any combination)
- 1⁄2 cup thick coconut milk (skimmed from top of canned coconut milk before it's shaken)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine minced chiken with curry paste, fish sauce, coconut milk, shredded coconut, lime leave/zest, pepper and beaten egg.
- Line a baking dish that will fit inside a steamer with banana leaves or aluminum foil.
- Place layers of green vegetables over the bottom.
- Cover with chicken mixture.
- Top with thick coconut cream.
- Garnish with coriander springs.
- Steam for 20 to 30 minutes.