For a really delicious low fat meal thats healthy and easy to make, make a date with my steamed soy chicken-you'll be hooked. To make this recipe you will need a large, two-tiered oriental bamboo steamer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the siy sauce, honey and chill together in a shallow bowl. Add the chicken pieces, then place in a bamboo steamer. Cover and sit over a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- 2Cut the pak choi into 12 cm lengths and halve the mushrooms. Toss together and place in the second layer of the bamboo steamer. Scatter the bean sprouts and salad onions over the top.
- 3Lift the steamer containing the chicken off the top of the pan and sit the vegetable tier underneath - it is crucial that the vegetables sit beneath the chicken otherwise the juices that they release will fall into the bowl holding the chicken and dilute the soy dressing.
- 4Return the bamboo stack to the pan and continue to steam for a further 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender but still crispand the chicken is cooked through.
- 5Serve the bamboo steamer stack at the table with some boiled rice, and allow guests to help themselves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Soy Chicken and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.6
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.6 mg
- Sodium 1716.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: