Recipe by Lene
For a really delicious low fat meal thats healthy and easy to make, make a date with my steamed soy chicken-you'll be hooked. To make this recipe you will need a large, two-tiered oriental bamboo steamer.
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 200 g pak choi
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the siy sauce, honey and chill together in a shallow bowl. Add the chicken pieces, then place in a bamboo steamer. Cover and sit over a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Cut the pak choi into 12 cm lengths and halve the mushrooms. Toss together and place in the second layer of the bamboo steamer. Scatter the bean sprouts and salad onions over the top.
- Lift the steamer containing the chicken off the top of the pan and sit the vegetable tier underneath - it is crucial that the vegetables sit beneath the chicken otherwise the juices that they release will fall into the bowl holding the chicken and dilute the soy dressing.
- Return the bamboo stack to the pan and continue to steam for a further 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender but still crispand the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the bamboo steamer stack at the table with some boiled rice, and allow guests to help themselves.