I know that many advocate using seasoning and boiling crab legs, but I like the simplicity of the naturally sweet and rich flavor of crab legs that have been steamed. Using a two-piece pasta pot with the strainer portion as a steamer insert works well to perfectly steam crab legs. I always serve clarified butter for dipping the crab meat.
- 3 -4 cups water
- 2 lbs snow crab legs, frozen
- In a large pasta pot with strainer insert, bring 3-4 cups water to boil. (Water amount may vary, but just keep below the level of the strainer portion of the pot.).
- Rinse ice from frozen crab legs, and place in the strainer insert of the pot. Cover.
- Steam crab legs for 4 to 6 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve crab legs with clarified butter for dipping. (Recipe #51525 works well.).