Steamed Shrimp in a Special Sauce
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl and mix to dissolve the sugar.
- This mixture is great for steaming almost any type of seafood and will keep in the refrigerator for at least one week.
- Fill a steamer with water and bring to a boil.
- Place the shrimp on a deep plate and place into the steamer.
- Ladle about one cup of the sauce over the shrimp and put the top on the steamer.
- Steam for five to eight minutes then remove and divide the shrimp onto four plates.
- Ladle the cooking liquid over each plate and garnish with cilantro sprigs.