Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 4 fluid ounces fish sauce or 4 fluid ounces oyster sauce
- 6 fluid ounces low sodium soy sauce
- 8 fluid ounces water
- 2 fluid ounces sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1⁄4 jalapeno pepper, seed included and minced finely
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shelled
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl and mix to dissolve the sugar.
- This mixture is great for steaming almost any type of seafood and will keep in the refrigerator for at least one week.
- Fill a steamer with water and bring to a boil.
- Place the shrimp on a deep plate and place into the steamer.
- Ladle about one cup of the sauce over the shrimp and put the top on the steamer.
- Steam for five to eight minutes then remove and divide the shrimp onto four plates.
- Ladle the cooking liquid over each plate and garnish with cilantro sprigs.