Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A really EASY and very healthy meal. Takes minutes from start to finish.
- 1 lb frozen green beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- fresh ground pepper
- minced garlic (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Place a high sided 10" heavy skillet on high heat, pour in water, add oil and seasonings, stir, add green beans and cover.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove cover, add chicken and soy sauce, stir until liquid is almost gone.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
This was very easy to make and had a really good flavor, I added sesame seeds for texture, onion, garlic, lemon pepper seasoning and more soy sauce than it called for. It was quite good and healthy too!
This was very good, and gets extra kudos from me for being so healthy and sooo quick and easy to make (one of the easiest dinners EVER to whip up :-) I included onions, cut into rings, and shallots, as Chef Steve suggested, and used chile oil instaed of sesame oil(LOTS of it, to really spice it up). I used Herbes de Provance as my spice (in addition to lots of salt and pepper) because it is my favorite on both chicken and veggies (it is actually a variety of spices, so it keeps it nice and simple). I also threw in a handful of peanuts (Kung Pao chicken-inspired), which I loved with this dish. This one is definitely a keeper! Steve, thanks for a yummy, super-easy-to-prepare recipe!