1/3 Photos of Steamed Salmon With Soy Glaze
Real Simple Magazine April 2005. Instead of steaming the salmon, you can wrap it in foil and bake it in a 400-degree oven for 10 minutes. This will also limit the fish smell in your kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, 6 oz. each
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons shredded gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 1 (18 3/4 ounce) package soba noodles or 1 (1 lb) box whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 lb small green beans, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1Place the salmon in a shallow glass dish. Combine 3 t. of the soy sauce, the garlic, grated ginger, and 1 T. of the rice wine and pour over the salmon, turning to coat. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- 2Place the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, the remaining soy sauce, and the remaining rice wine in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Set the glaze aside and keep warm.
- 3Fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of salted water and bring to a boil. Remove the salmon from the marinade and place in a steamer basket that fits snugly over the pan. Scatter the scallions and shredded ginger over the salmon. Cover and steam over the boiling water for 4 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
- 4Cook the noodles according to package directions. Just before they are done, add the beans to the boiling water; strain. Serve the salmon over the noodles & beans, drizzled with the glaze.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Salmon With Soy Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 4041.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 89.1 g