Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is an healthy recipe from the issue of April 2007 of coup de pouce that looks very yummy!
Make and share this Steamed Salmon With Mushrooms and Leeks recipe from Food.com.
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml shiitake mushrooms or 473.18 ml paris mushrooms, sliced
- 2 leeks (only white and light green parts) or 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1.23 ml fresh black pepper
- 453.59-680.38 g salmon fillet, skin removed, cut in 4 pieces
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, cut in quarters
- In a large skillet, heat oil at medium heat. Add mushrooms, leeks and pepper and cook about 8 minutes or until veggies have soften. Put the salmon pieces on the veggies in the skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic. Spread the mixture on the salmon. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until the flesh is easy to flake with a fork. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve with quarters of lemon.
I made this with 3 salmon fillets but kept the rest of the quantities the same, using large field mushrooms, 1 leek and 1 onion and it was delicious and thoroughly enjoyed by myself, the DM and the DS - just so quick and easy and all done in under 30 minutes including the steamed vegetable on the side. Thank you Boomette, made for ZAAR Stars tag game.
Excellent! I had to substitute onions for the leeks, and I added some carrot and broccoli. Very mild tasting and easy to make.
Recipe-of-the-Year award. Absolutely delicious and makes you feel healthy and satisfied. They should put it on the cover of Time magazine.