As seen in REAL SIMPLE Magazine Serves 4 Hands-On Time: 30m Total Time: 1hr 00m
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 4 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, halved
- 11. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 22. Place a piece of parchment paper on a 13-by-12-inch baking sheet. Put the potatoes on the sheet and season with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Distribute the butter over the potatoes. Roast in top of oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until done.
- 33. Meanwhile, lay out 4 sheets of parchment (at least 13 by 13 inches) and place 1 fillet on each. Top with the asparagus, scallions, and tarragon. Drizzle with the oil and season with the remaining salt and pepper. Top each fillet with a lemon half, after first squeezing on the juice. Pull the sides of the paper over each fillet, folding several times to seal. Fold and twist the ends to form rectangular parcels. Place them on a sheet pan.
- 44. Bake on lower rack of over for 20 to 25 minutes while the potatoes finish cooking. Place a salmon parcel on each plate and cut open. Serve with the potatoes.
- 6Although it's not quite as attractive for presentation, you can use aluminum foil in place of the parchment paper.
- 7Nutritional Information.
- 8Calcium 79mg; Calories 541; Calories From Fat 46%; Carbohydrate 33g; Cholesterol 115mg; Fat 28g; Fiber 5g; Iron 3mg; Protein 39mg; Sat Fat 8g; Sodium 686mg.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Salmon and Asparagus in Parchment
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.2
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.6 mg
- Sodium 1048.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh tarragon leaves