Recipe by littleturtle
The exotic combination of mustard and orange turns ordinary rice into a special treat. A wonderful side for seafood, especially salmon. And healthy too.
- 2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed until the water runs almost clear (2-3 times)
- 3 1⁄2 cups stock or 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot with a tight-fitting lid (or rice cooker) combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cooking uncovered; stir occasionally.
- When rice boils, cover pot and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit with lid on for 10 minutes.