1/1 Photo of Steamed Rainbow Layer Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Steamed colorful layers of rice batter....the colours are what makes this unique...use pandan essence if screwpine leaves arent available
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine (A) together and sieve mixture into a large bowl.
- 2Combine (B) into a pot and bring to a boil. Slowly add to sieved (A) mixture and stir well.
- 3Divide into 12 equal portions and colour each portion to your liking.
- 4Get ready a steamer and fill it to the maximum with water. Bring to a rapid boil over high heat.
- 5Line a 9inch square tin with cling film.
- 6Pour 1 portion of batter into the tin. Cover and steam over high heat for 5-6 minutes or till no longer sticky. Repeat the method, layering it layer by layer as you go on.
- 7After the last layer is steamed, steam the entire thing for 20 minutes Remove, let cool and pop out of the tin.
- 8Cut with a knife wrapped in clingfilm.
- 9PS: always check there is water in the steamer, especially when you are going to let it steam for the 20 minutes.
- 10This should be consumed the day it is made as refrigeration ruins its texture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Rainbow Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 102.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: