Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This makes a great light textured cake, almost like angel cake. One I like to make because it's so easy. Put in the crockpot and let it do the work. In less than 4 hours you have a great pumpkin dessert. With a dollop of whipped cream this is easy home cooking at its best!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 2-1/2-quart souffle dish or baking pan that fits into slow cooker.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared souffle dish.
- Fill slow cooker with 1 inch hot water. Make foil handles by tearing off 3 (18x2 inch) strips of heavy foil, or use regular foil folded to double thickness. Crisscross foil strips in spoke design in bottom of slow cooker. Place souffle dish on center of strips. Pull foil strips up and over dish. This allows for easy removal of souffle dish.
- Place souffle dish in slow cooker. Cover; cook on High 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until wooden toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.