My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The 8 ounces pork loin should be ground together with 1 ounce of fatback or suet.
- 2Blanch bamboo shoots for 1 minute in boiling water; drain, pat dry and mince finely.
- 3In a large bowl, combine pork, bamboo shoots, sesame oil, rice wine, cornstarch, egg white, salt, sugar and pepper until well mixed.
- 4Form into 30 1-inch balls.
- 5Trim the corners of won ton wrappers to form circles; cover with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.
- 6To assemble, place a meatball in the center of each wrapper and bring up sides, to form an open topped basket.
- 7Flatten the top of each meatball with a butter knife dipped in water and flatten bottoms of dumpling so they stand upright.
- 8Place on a lightly oiled plate and set in bamboo steamer or on an inverted heatproof bowl or trivet set in a wok filled with 2 inches of boiling water.
- 9Cover and steam for 5 to 8 minutes or until done.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Pork Wontons
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 128.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g