Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- The 8 ounces pork loin should be ground together with 1 ounce of fatback or suet.
- Blanch bamboo shoots for 1 minute in boiling water; drain, pat dry and mince finely.
- In a large bowl, combine pork, bamboo shoots, sesame oil, rice wine, cornstarch, egg white, salt, sugar and pepper until well mixed.
- Form into 30 1-inch balls.
- Trim the corners of won ton wrappers to form circles; cover with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.
- To assemble, place a meatball in the center of each wrapper and bring up sides, to form an open topped basket.
- Flatten the top of each meatball with a butter knife dipped in water and flatten bottoms of dumpling so they stand upright.
- Place on a lightly oiled plate and set in bamboo steamer or on an inverted heatproof bowl or trivet set in a wok filled with 2 inches of boiling water.
- Cover and steam for 5 to 8 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot.
This a great recipe! I would not change a thing!