Recipe by Chippie1
A different way to serve pork tenderloin. The tangy taste of wine & lemon juice is definately different. Steaming the pork makes it so tender and delicious. My girlfriend uses this recipe for city chicken and it also tastes great. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (Large & sliced thick)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (halved)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice pork into serving pieces.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound each slice to 1/4" thick.
- (Doing this in a plastic baggy works well) Dip pork slices in egg and then coat in bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in an electric frying pan to 325 degrees.
- Brown pork slices for approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork from pan and keep warm.
- Pour wine& chicken broth into pan while scraping brown pieces from bottom of pan and reduce heat to 175 degrees.
- Place onion slices and mushrooms in pan to cover the bottom.
- Then put pork pieces on top of veggies.
- Pour lemon juice over meat and sprinkle with capers.
- Steam meat for approximately 20 minutes or until onions& mushrooms are tender.