Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low Fat, Low Sodium, Loaded with Flavor! Goes great with Grilled steak and a baked sweet potato.
Make and share this Steamed Oriental Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, 1-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 cup frozen leaf spinach
- 1⁄2 cup Chinese pea pod
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 slice Louis Rich turkey bacon, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, Original Blend
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, Extra Spicy
- Wash all vegetables. Slice or chop as noted on ingredient list. Slice onions into rings.
- Fill saucepan 1/2 full with water. Add 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix, Original Blend, to water.
- Add vegetables to steamer insert in same order as shown on ingredients list (not all vegetables cook at the same rate. When steaming, slower cooking vegetable always go in the bottom of the steamer insert).
- Moisten veggies by pouring one cup of water over them, then sprinkle with 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix, Original Blend, and 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix, Extra Spicy.
- Bring water to a boil on High, then reduce heat to Medium High. Steam for about 20 minutes. Veggies are done when fork-tender.