Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from "Take Home Chef" that looked tasty...
Make and share this Steamed Orange Roughy With Buckwheat Noodles and Asparagus/Mushr recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, leaves separated from stalks
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 orange roughy fillets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces buckwheat noodles
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces fresh morels, quartered lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- In a wok, combine the chicken stock, quartered lemon, parsley stalks and thyme. Place the wok over medium-high heat and bring the stock to a boil. Place the filets of orange roughy in the bamboo steamer. Sprinkle the filets with salt and pepper.
- Place the bamboo steamer over the boiling liquid in the wok. Cover the steamer and steam the fish for 4 to 6 minutes depending on thickness of filets, or until the fish is opaque and just cooked through. Once the fish is cooked, remove the steamer from the wok. In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil over high heat.
- Strain the stock from the wok into the saucepan of boiling water. Return the liquid to a boil. Add the noodles to the boiling liquid and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until al dente, stirring often. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Swirl the wok to coat with the oil.
- Add the asparagus and morels and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic to the wok and sauté for 1 minute. Sprinkle the lemon zest and lemon juice over the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the stir-fried vegetables with 3 tablespoons of the noodle cooking liquid. Remove from heat. Strain the noodles from the cooking liquid, then season the noodles to taste with salt and pepper. Toss the noodles with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Using a two-pronged carving fork, twist the noodles around the fork and divide them among 4 plates. Place 1 orange roughy filet over each plate of noodles. Divide the stir-fried vegetable among the 4 plates.
Hey veggie_girl - this looks familiar. :-) I'm glad you posted this. I added it to my cookbook here. I love orange roughy! Thanks for adding this.