1/3 Photos of Steamed Opah (Moonfish)
A very simple way to prepare opah, from Cooking From the Heart with Sam Choy, a well known chef in Hawaii.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
Ginger Cream Sauce
- 1To prepare this dish you need a steamer, or you can improvise like the Chinese do with a regular covered pot into which you put a bowl upside down with a plate on top.
- 2Season the opah with salt and pepper and marinate in the olive oil and wine for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3Mix Ginger Pesto ingredients.
- 4Arrange the fish in your steamer and spread about 1 teaspoon of pesto on each fillet.
- 5Steam for 6 to 8 minutes, or until done.
- 6Serve on top of a dollops of Garlic Mashed Potatoes, surrounded by Ginger Cream Sauce.
- 7To make the sauce, combine cream, mushrooms, shoyu and ginger.
- 8Bring to a boil, lower heat and let simmer until reduced to the consistency you prefer.
- 9Fold in Chinese parsley and adjust seasonings with salt and white pepper.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Opah (Moonfish)
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.6
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 163.0 mg
- Sodium 272.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: