Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is just so tasty and so easy to do. Great for a dinner party and low in fat to boot,
- 220 g medium grain rice or 220 g sushi rice
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 teaspoon wasabi
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced lebanese cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup pickled ginger
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1 sheet nori
- 4 (100 g) ocean trout fillets, pin boned and skinned
- Cook rice in salted boiling water for 8 minutes.
- Drain and place in a bowl.
- Blanch carrot in boiling salted water for 1 minute.
- Drain Combine wasabi, mirin rice wine, vinegar and sugar, then add to rice with the avocado, carrot, cucumber and ginger.
- Place salad in bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cut the nori sheet into four 4cm strips.
- Brush each strip with water and use to wrap around each fish fillet, sealing by placing seam underneath.
- Line a bamboo or kitchen steamer with a sheet of baking paper and sit the fish fillets on top.
- Steam over simmering water for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve the fish with the sushi salad and extra wasabi.
This was a yummy salad I just took out the sugar and it was really good! Thanks for sharing!