Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love steamed new potatoes..period! This is from FoodFit and is a nice, flavor full, better for you potato recipe. Good warm or cold, this can be made ahead with no problems.
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- fresh ground black pepper
- Put about 2 inches of water in a large pot, insert a rack or steamer basket into the pot and bring the water to a boil.
- Steam the new potatoes in the basket for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and then slice in quarters, lengthwise.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar and lemon juice together.
- Add the shallots and slowly whisk in the olive oil and dill.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- (The vinaigrette can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days).
- Gently toss the quartered potatoes in the vinaigrette and serve.
Great flavors. I decreased the mustard to just a tiny bit (personal preference).
LOVE IT! It's potato salad which, silly me, I didn't realize until it was made. Larger potatoes took a little longer. Delicious!! The vinaigrette is spot on! Made for My 3 Chefs 11/09.