Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A simple shellfish recipe
- 236.59 ml fruity white wine
- 59.14 ml fresh herb (such as parsley, dill, fennel, thyme or marjoram)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 36 mussels, scrubbed and with beards removed
- 59.14 ml cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place the wine, herbs and garlic in an extra large saucepan then pile in the mussels.
- Cover and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until all the mussels have steamed open.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to individual serving bowls discarding any that have not opened.
- Strain juice to remove any broken bits of shell, herb stalks and any little crabs which might have been trapped inside.
- Return juice to pan and bring to boil.
- Allow to reduce then stir in cream and seasonings.
- Spoon this sauce over the mussels and serve with crusty bread.
Evie, these are fabulous. Dave bought our mussels and they were very clean, already debearded and vacuumed packed so all I had to do was wash them. Because of this I didn't bother with step 4. We used dill, coriander, green onions and basil for our fresh herbs. The cream was exactly the right amount, more would have been too rich. Be sure to have heaps of crusty bread to sop up the sauce. With mussels $9 a bag this is a definite make again meal ;) Thanks for posting!